Coronavirus Office Rightsizing
Offices may never look the same in the post COVID-19 era. Open offices may be a thing of the past, as social distancing is expected to last in some form through 2021.
While many office workers will delight in the demise of the open floor plan, that means businesses are left to redesign their office spaces. In some cases, this will be essential to their ability to reopen and serve their customers.
The professional office movers at Stevens Moving & Storage of Toledo can help. We have moved thousands of companies throughout Toledo, OH and the surrounding communities, and we are in tune with what the business community needs.
During this pandemic, we have been keeping our ears to the ground concerning guidelines and safety procedures, and how we can help your business reopen successfully. Our goal is to ensure we follow each guideline to a T while keeping your business afloat.
Commercial Movers Ready To Help
While the vast majority of people are working from home during quarantine, someday soon, office life will return. Students will return to schools and universities. Plants will reopen.
Stevens can help you design a plan for your office space that allows for both collaboration and distancing.
We have studied government and public health regulations and social distancing protocols regarding office space, and we are ready and willing to help create a custom moving plan for you.
Following the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, local health departments across the country have required employers to take steps to make employees and the public safer.
Their recommendations to employers include:
- Minimize the number of employees working within arm’s length of each other.
- Cancel all large, in-person meetings and conferences. Hold them instead by video conference or conference phone call.
- For service or retail industries, ensure access for frequent hand washing, clean high-touch surfaces and provide adequate disinfectant wipes, paper towels and other hygiene products.
- Consider telecommuting options for employees.
- Consider staggering start and end times to reduce large numbers of people in the building at the same time.
- Tell employees who are sick to stay home from work. Consider a flexible sick leave policy so that employees can stay home when sick without having to visit a doctor’s office to obtain a note.
Not only will adapting to these changes preserve the health and vitality of your employees, in some cases, the perception and standing of your business within your community will increase positively. They will rest easier knowing that a local or even national business is taking this pandemic seriously.
Companies that can demonstrate how they meet federal, state and local guidelines may be allowed to reopen more quickly than those that haven’t implemented changes.
Customer-facing businesses will find that re-configuring commercial and retail space will gain the public’s trust and make them feel more comfortable returning to your location.
Hiring Office Movers For Rapid Redesign
Stevens can accomplish a rapid redesign for your office, shop or commercial setting.
Since moving and storage companies are designated as essential businesses, we can still help you out while we work from home by using video surveys to help conduct a virtual estimate of your property!
We can space desks six feet apart, the recommended measurement for safe social distancing, install partitions or reconfigure your office desks to allow for more personal distance.
Stevens supplies you with the added benefit of using helpful and safe packing and moving materials. Our moving equipment can help transport large furniture with ease, and we even have complete unpacking and packing services for those not-so-savvy packing enthusiasts.
Office Real Estate And Reconfiguration
No one can say for sure how businesses will be ultimately changed, but here is how many companies are responding and how Stevens Moving & Storage can help:
- More businesses are having video conferences using Zoom, Skype and other video conferencing software. This means that a packed conference table will unlikely occur again in the near future. If you have extra office furniture to store, Stevens can help. We can pick up and store your furniture in our warehouse storage facility here in Toledo for easier access.
- As more and more employees work from home, some companies are finding that large offices are no longer needed, which has the added benefit of cost cutting. If you’re looking at rightsizing to a smaller location, Stevens can help conduct a quick and easy office relocation move for you.
- Employers are now looking to send electronic equipment, such as large computers and monitors, printers and even entire file cabinets to employee home offices. Rather than leave delivery to your IT team, let the experienced electronics movers at Stevens can easily tackle this task for you.
- Large companies are considering leasing several smaller offices and worksites to reduce the number of people gathering at one site. As such, we have been seeing an increase in leasing smaller offers to reduce large numbers of people. Stevens is experienced at coordinating a large-scale, multi-location moves. As with any office or commercial move, our professionally trained moving crew will work efficiently to ensure your move goes off without a hitch.
Get A Free Quote For Your Office Move
As your company navigates the future, contact the professional office movers at Stevens Moving & Storage in Toledo for expert moves and friendly customer service.
For more information about how we can help redesign or relocate or office and/or commercial setting, fill out our free quote form or contact us today at (419) 729-8871.